Monday, September 24, 2012

Infographic






I decided to do my infographic on which Xbox360 series was considered the best overall. I chose what I believed, with some advice from my Xbox party friends, were the top six current series; creating the list of Call of Duty, Halo, Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, FIFA, and Madden. I wanted to get a game from every major category: shooter, role-playing, alternative, and sports. I originally didn't think of putting Minecraft into the mix, but its success on Xbox Live is unrivaled (I am also an addict). What I found out from my research was that while most Mason highschool students may prefer to play their Call of Duty, they may be better off playing another game (one that "experts" prefer) like Skyrim, or Halo. I was suprised by how many people really preferred to play sport games like FIFA and Madden (I personally choose to avoid this genre). However, this spike in this genre may be from where I collected my data--cross-country runners. Areas where I thought my data could be skewed is in the total units sold category. This si because certain games have been out longer than others, this is partly why I chose to use FIFA and Madden 2012, and not 2013, for the new version had just come out this summer. I had a lot of fun researching this data, and will probably coninue to check up on some of the websites I found for the latest statistical data on new games.


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I would vote for Halo. Were there any other games that you considered for "Game of the Decade"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did consider at first games like Gears of War and Battlefield, but I didn't want there to be too much competition in the first person shooter category. I was also interested into looking into racing games like Forza and F1, but these didn't make the cut.

      Delete